Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dye-O-Rama Meme

Here is a Meme for the Dye-O-Rama Swap. I am so excited. I can't wait until I get my yarn from Knit Picks so I can start dying!

Your favorite colors? Blues, Reds, Pink, Browns

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Fingering or Sport

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Either

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? If my buddy wants to that's fine, but I don't really prefer it over solid or multicolored yarn

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? wool or wool blend is fine, I love alpaca and angora

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? English Garden

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? The one-of-kind nature of the swap. I will give and receive a truly unique skein or yarm.

General yarn/fiber questions:

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? yes

If so, what's your favorite dye and method? I've only dyed using natural dyes. I don't have experience with other methods.

Do you spin? I am taking a spinning class at the Estes Park Wool Market. I am a newbie.

Have you knit socks before? yes

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? I might make a lace scarf or shawl with sock yarn

What are some of your favorite yarns?Andean Silk, anything by Classic Elite and Cascade

What yarn do you totally covet? Classic Elite Lush

Favorite patterns? Interweave Knit Patterns

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? A pink angora cardigan in Interweave a few winters ago

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Denise Interchangeable and Turbo circulars

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Sorry to be repetitive, but I would have to be angora or mayvbe alpaca

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? dried fruit

What's your favorite animal? bunnies

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Dog named Beamer who is 13 and a Westie-Poo mix, Rabbit named Gretchen who is less than a year.

If you were a color what color would you be? Pink or light blue

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's).. Tailored, chrisp, white, button-up, princess-seams, and shirt-tale hem--classic

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? The rose or a beautiful mountain scene

Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read.

"harmony is in immortal souls;
But whilst this muddy vesture of decay
Doth grossly close it in, we cannot hear it." William Shakespeare

Do you have a wishlist? No

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Dried fruit as a favorite snack? How healthy! That's great. I said chocolate. *sigh*