Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Mrs. Dalloway Project!

I have finally chosen my Mrs. Dalloway project, now that I am halfway through the book! I am going to do this faux-racoon coat from Interweave Knits Spring 2003. It is based on the capes of the 1920's and looks pretty authentic. I've found some colors of Fun Fur that look realistic so I decided to go for it. The only problem is that I need to finish one of my current projects before I begin. I promised myself that I would not have more than two major projects and one small project on my needles at one time. I may end up getting behind a month with my KTC knitting, but I think that's okay! No pressure.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's okay - I haven't finished my Middlemarch project yet!

chittavrtti said...

How fun! I wonder if it could be done in something other than a "faux" fur yarn?***CV

Jenni said...

I bet you could knit it with chenilled or boucle and it would look great! I didn't think about that!

chittavrtti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chittavrtti said...

it's just such a cute style. but then i love '20's fashions. Erte anyone? :)***CV

Susan said...

I ripped out my Red Tess thingie! Melissa and I are working on the Bed of Roses pillow for Mrs. D. Love the Raccoon!

Alos love the cloche. Similar to flowers on a grave.

Jenni said...

Sorry about you Red Tess Thingie!