I would really like to work through most of the project in Sally Melville's The Knitting Experience series. I am working on the Knit-Flat Hat and Mitts with some varigated wool that my mom got me for Christmas. Next I would like to knit the assymetrical vest in some brown alpaca that I found at Patternworks.
Here is a tentative list of projects and yarn ideas from book 1 of Melville's series:
- Finish Knit-Flat Hat and Mitts in Lion Wool: Flower Garden.
- The Asymmetrical vest in chocolate Alpaca Boucle.
- A child's size Einstein Coat in cool wool (8 skeins).
- Your basic bag in Suede (4 skeins).
- Sally's favorite summer sweater in Shine (12 balls in cream).
- Lots-of-choices-top in Albany (5 balls out of some color that will go with a summer wardrobe)
- Knit-Down, Made-to-Measure Jumper in Wool of the Andes (10 skeins in chocolate).